CREATIVE COLOUR LONGEVITY & CARE PLANA 'Hair Coach' guide to treating your hair colour creativeness with the care it requires. Conditioned, well looked after hair, simply reflects. For longer lasting, purer, healthier, shinier colour use specially formulated salon products.
HAIR COLOUR CARE PLANYour stylist is a trained hair professional, there to guide you towards a hair care and styling plan. Care should start within the colouring process, protecting products (like bond or olaplex) can be added to your colour and wash preventing damage from the get go. At home care is limitless however if you are budget wary a SIMPLE MUST HAVE is a quality, non-stripping, colour safe, salon shampoo.
HOME COLOUR CARE PRODUCT GUIDE
1. Non-stripping, high quality, colour safe SHAMPOO.
2. CONDITIONING MASK or TREATMENT for once a week use, these treatments used between your shampoo and condition, condition deeper into the hair follicle, treating damage from within, reflecting an extra element of care.
3. Protective, sealing, non-coating CONDITIONER, look for water soluble silicone conditioners if not silicone free conditioners that seal the hair and within it its condition.
4. a LEAVE IN CONDITIONER with multiple benefits, continuously nourishing the hair between washes, adding shine, smoothness; preventing breakage, heat damage and frizz, whilst detangling, reducing dryness, preventing split ends, softening and more.
5. NOURISHING ESSENTIAL OILS to infuse protein back into the hair, while deeply repairing dry or damaged hair with naturally occurring heat protection.
6. STYLING PRODUCT must haves are salon quality HEAT PROTECTION and FINISHING SPRAY with limitless additional styling product options. Remember that the last stage of styling can be as damaging as a low quality shampoo or conditioner. Plenty of salon products are 2 in 1 both conditioning and heat protecting. Oil-free, non-stick, UVA and UVB protect finishing sprays will also care more for your hair condition than your average spray.
7. DRY SHAMPOO's or similar products are great for coloured hair. If you reduce the amount of washes you also reduce the amount of colour fade. Use salon quality dry shampoo between washes to reduce oils and for that clean look and feel.
SILICONE FREE or WATER SOLUBLE SILICONE HAIR PRODUCTS
Hair care products that contain silicones feel amazing on the hair as they add a layer of sliminess which tricks you into thinking it is doing wonders; however these silicones build up on the hair and make it harder for healthy hair products to penetrate in the next hair wash. Build-up of silicones over time can lead to shorter colour longevity as the hair colour sits on top of this silicone layer instead of the actual hair strand. Don’t forget that non soluble silicone products are also more harmful to the environment.
Semi colours will last between 20 and 30 washes (care dependent) where as permanent colours are permanent and will grow out over time.
Vibrant rainbow colours can last any where from 3-30 days depending on the porosity of the hair and at home care.
TIPS: Avoid shampooing within 24 hours of a colour. Use professional brand shampoo and conditioner to avoid colour being stripped from the hair. Reduce hair washes per week. Invest in a dry shampoo for between washes.
View our extensive range of hair care products here. Available online and in store.
Article by: A Head Of Nature Hair & Beauty - your trusted Auckland Hairdressers
READ MORE 'BLOG POSTS'