PROUD SUPPORTERS OF THE THE 900° CHILD SAFETY HANDBOOK
A guide to promote health and safety within the community.
The Child Safety Handbook is distributed free to every Year 8/Form 2 student at schools nationwide on an annual basis for each region.
The handbook covers the following issues in an easy to read format.
- Personal Awareness (physical and personal safety, nutrition, infectious diseases, dental health and internet safety)
- Safety at School (bullying, caring for belongings and health at school)
- Safety at Home (safeguarding the home, safeguarding against poisons, home alone, firearms safety and fire safety)
- Outdoor Safety (backyard safety, animal and pet safety, poisonous plants, water safety, beach, bush and playground safety)
- Street Smart (public areas, road safety and advise for parents)
- Drug Awareness (drugs, alcohol, smoking and caffeine)
- Emergency Numbers
The production of the Child Safety Handbook has only been possible with the generous support of the New Zealand business community.
READ MORE OF OUR INITIATIVES 'BLOG POSTS'