HOW TO BLOW DRY INTO A BLOW WAVE RIGHT AT HOME
We all want that salon look that's achieved every time you visit us for a blow wave, but how do you blow wave at home? We've written a detailed hair coach guide explaining just how to achieve a blow wave right at home. This step by step guide has 1. a recommendation of accessories 2. a recommendation of hair care products by hair type, and 3. a step by step guide.
Let's get you on your way to salon looking hair daily.
salon quality shampoo, hair mask & conditioner* - everyday hair comb/brush* - hair dryer - hair dryer nozzle - sectioning clips* - round blow wave brush* - hair products to suit hair type* as outlined below
*products marked with a * (star) or that have an image are available on our online shop or in store.
- Angel Lavender Body Maker Spray 200ml + finishing products
FINE TO MEDIUM HAIR
- Angel Grapefruit Thermal Protection Spray 200ML + finishing products
MEDIUM TO THICK HAIR
- Angel Grapefruit Purified Soften Spray 200ML + finishing products
ALL HAIR TYPES
- Angel Orange Flower Finishing Spray 350ML
SHOP ALL ANGEL ORGANIC HAIR CARE PRODUCTS HERE AND FIND THE RIGHT SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER FOR YOU
- Angel caters for fine/thin, straight, curly, oily, dandruff, hair loss, restoration, blonde, damaged, coloured, men and styling. There is a product right for every hair type.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
1. Have your RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS ready for action.
2. Pre-wash your hair with your salon quality shampoo, mask (once a week) and conditioner.
3. Towel dry and brush your hair from ends to roots with your everyday comb/brush.
TIP Brushing your hair from the ends up puts less pressure on your hair, reducing damage and breakage. Sectioning your hair before brushing and having a knot friendly brush also helps.
4. Evenly apply your PREP product and gently brush through.
5. With your sectioning clips divide your hair into four even sections, two sections at the back and two sections at the front.
6. Start with one of your back sections. You will be dividing this one section into 3 or more sections depending on the thickness of your hair horizontally. In an attempt to visually explain this please see a diagram below.
7. You will need to clip the 2 upmost sections of the 3 up, as you will be drying a third at a time.
8. Time to start the drying! Hooray!
You will need both your hair dryer with nozzle attached and blow wave brush.
The blow wave brush will be in your distant hand and the hair dryer in the closest hand to the section your are drying. (right side of head = hair dryer in right hand)
9. Place your blow wave brush under your section taking the weight of the hair into the brush.
10. With your blow dryer, place this on low speed and low heat to begin with while you learn the technique, with the blow dryer facing downward onto your hair (with its motor up). You should have the blow wave brush under your hair and your hair dryer on top of your hair with your hair in between.
Once you are confident you can amp up the speed and heat as your PREP product contains heat protection.
11. You can rest some of the blow dryer weight onto the blow wave brush as the blow wave brush has air venting wholes to disperse the air.
12. Starting at the roots of your hair with both the blow wave brush and blow dryer, slowly dry your hair by moving both the hair dryer and blow wave brush towards the tips of your hair simultaneously. Repeat this as many times as necessary until this section of your hair is dry. Do not continue if you do not feel confident as you can damage your hair with to much heat in a section for too long.
TIP: For the WAVE effect. Twist the brush as you dry!
13. Repeat from step 8 moving through each section and redividing sections where necessary. Moving from the bottom and back of your head to then sides to top. When you reach the top sections, divide according to your desired parting and move on to step 14.
14. The final sectioning / your parting!
For added volume place the top section you are drying on the blow wave brush but dry this section near the roots vertically! Once passing the root section you can then bring your arms down to finish the tips of your hair normally. Repeat this step to finish your blow drying!
15. You're nearly there!
Run your fingers through your hair to place it correctly.
If your ends feel dry run the Angel Morocco Colour Protect Silky Oil through from mid length to ends or for added shine use Angel Orange Flower Shine Mist.
16. The finishing touch!
Angel Orange Flower Finishing Spray, this spray is soft on the hair yet perfect for holding a style in place. It is oil free and contains UVA and UVB protection as doe's most the Angel range.
17. You're complete! And looking amazing! *HOPEFULLY*
18. Comment below if this Hair Coach guide helped you!
Thanks for reading and learning a new hair styling technique for at home!
See you back soon!
VIEW MORE HAIR COACH BLOGS
VISIT OUR SHOP
PHONE 09 832 4343 to book an appointment with one of our experienced hairstylists!